ad

Latest Updates

Abbeydex.com

Monday 11 February 2013

Yobo: I feel blessed winning the AFCON trophy for Nigeria

http://www.kickoff.com/chops/images/resized/main/349d12701dad00829dda148dd2958509.jpg

The Fenerbahce defender said he is happy to finally win a trophy with the Super Eagles after six attempts at the African title
Nigeria captain Joseph Yobo has said he is happy to finally win a trophy for his country after the Super Eagles defeated Burkina Faso 1-0 in Johannesburg on Sunday.
It was Yobo’s sixth appearance in the Africa Cup of Nations where he had previously won three bronze medals.
Even though he played a fringe part in the team this time around, coming on as substitute late in matches, Yobo lifted the trophy for his countrymen.
“This is a massive achievement for my career,” said Yobo. “It’s dream come true. I’ve been around for 12 years, this is my sixth Afcon.
“I said it earlier that it was going to be my last Afcon because I can’t play anymore.
“I was praying to God before coming to this tournament that it’s going to be my last and hopefully I’m going to win it and God gave me. I’m very delighted.
“I feel so blessed,” said Yobo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment